Sunday, February 13, 2011

Knock Knock Who's There??

I locked the door twice and threw a pile of shoe in front of the door, just as an added booby trap in case Mr. Nagoya stalker had outsmarted me again. I had considered completely booby trapping my house, copying a 'Home Alone' type of situation, but decided otherwise, I was getting a flat mate late tomorrow night. I turned on the TV as to distract myself from my earlier experience. I started to relax when..

Knock, knock!

I slowly crept towards the door to look through the peep hole. My imagination was going wild and all I could think of was the creep I had earlier encountered today. I pressed my eye up to the door trying not to breath if it was who I was scared it was.
Peep hole with potential horror movie
value


It wasn't. It was two girls about my age. Hurray! My note had worked I thought! I opened the door wildly with a goofy grin on my face. I was so happy to see other teachers!
"Hello!" I practically shouted at them.
They introduced themselves and that they were both from Canada. I invited them in. The polite introductions only could last so long before I exploded with everything I had been bottling up to say to anyone that would listen. It came out, in the words of Lindsay Lohen in her only good movie (Mean Girls), as 'word vomit'. I couldn't stop myself I just had to spue out all the obstacles I had
faced in my short time here.

They stood there wide eyed and flabbergasted by my stories. One of the girls piped up something about 'How we had just met' and I knew then I should slow down. I apologized, I really didn't want to lose the chance of friends and these girls seemed cool. I was in the middle of cooking something and they suggested for me to come over in a bit..probably more to give me some time to compose myself. I asked them as they were heading down the staircase if they had gotten my note and they asked "What note?" They mentioned that the man that dropped them off told them when I'd be arriving, so they thought they'd stop in. Damn my English note plan didn't work..I would have to secretly hunt it down as now it would appear foolish (not that I hadn't already given them that impression of myself) and would only add to the probably horrible impression I had given off.

Geez... I completely lost my 'cool' composure. I laughed at myself when they left at how ridiculous I had come across. That was by far the worst first impression I had ever given anyone! I can imagine them debriefing back at there place, talking about how nuts I was. They did seem somewhat understanding about the situation and they did invite me over to there place, so I couldn't have messed up that bad right...right? At least I could be thankful it wasn't the Nagoya stalker creep!

No comments:

Post a Comment