Tuesday, March 8, 2011

An unexpected turn for the worse

All my sucking up paid off by the end and I think my tardiness was forgotten by the CEO by the end of his presentation. It wasn't so important to me to me to make sure I sucked up to the boss, but it was important to me to be able to know that I still had enough social skills, that seemed to have left me the minute I entered Japan,  to start anew from a bad impression. We briefly breaked for five minutes and Brenda and I shared in our embarrassment from the late entry. We made sure this time we were a minute early and made a pack never to be late again.

We sat down to listen to our next section of the training, which was healthy and safety. About half and hour went by and my eyes were drooping again. I wish I had brought those fake mustache and eye glasses, but not surprisingly, 'no mustache' was on the list-Damn they thought of everything!
This guy is a pro!
I would like to shake his hand one day.
There were two girls sitting behind me, Danielle and Robin (same name different girl, so "Robin C" is what she will be named hereafter). I heard some muttering back and forth, which was starting to get louder. My eyes opened and I looked behind me, wondering if they were playing the, "call-out-sequentially-louder-fill-in-the-blank-inappropriate-word-game," because I wanted to play. Robin C raised her hand and the trainer gave her an annoyed head tilt to say she could speak. "I think I'm going to be sick!" Robin C called out. Whoa that caught  me off guard, I thought she was going for first place game. "I'm severely allergic to octopus and I think my lunch had traces of it in it," she further explained. Now she had the trainers attention. She was as white as a ghost and I was concerned for her and myself. I was sitting right in front of her, and well within vomit range...

No comments:

Post a Comment