Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Crossing swords

A loud 'NOOO!' roared out of my mouth. Everyone stopped and looked at me for a moment, "Time name the colours!" I tried to pip up in my chipper voice. I was taught I had to remain happy at all times-as no punishment could be bestowed on any children, as part of company policy. The kids ran wildly, and I looked pleadingly with the other male teacher for some guidance. Finally, he got up off his chair and told the kids to sit in the circle, and immediateley they did. This guy did have an extra two feet of height difference on them and his looming presence must have scared them enough to behave. 

What it would look like if I was standing beside my obs teacher.

They sat and listened for a few moments, then once again would run wildly, as I would shout in a happy tone, about what we could do next. The hour was going by so slowly, and all I could see was red pen being written all over my assessment paper, as I struggled to get control of these boys. How are you supposed to get control of a class, when anything unpleasant is forbidden by the company, with little terrors running around? Colouring time seem to help, the stopped for about five minutes, as I was trying to find my Happy Gilmore version of my 'Happy Place'.
Trying to find my "Happy Place"



About 5 minutes are left in class now, 'Thank God!' when one boy bolts in the direction of the toliet. "Where are you going?" I pathetically pleaded, "You need to finish your colouring." Another boy bolted for the toliet. I dared to leave the other boys in the classroom colouring, with Mr. Invisible teacher, while I went to chase down the other boys. One boy was already peeing, door wide open and the other one started to unzip his trousers. "No, one at a time!" I told them. He had already started peeing-crossing swords with the other boy-I called for help from the obs teacher. There was pee all over the bathroom, as these boys probably were new to the standing up peeing thing. The one boys name tag dropped into the toliet, while the other boy was still peeing and he quickly placed his hand in it to pass it to me. I screamed "Eww, No!" The obs teacher had to guide the little boys hand, clamping the nap tag into the garbage. Knock, knock, on the door from the parents! Ahh! We quickly helped them both wash there hands and put on their shoes in a panic. Then just as the parents came in, I stood there frazzled with a robotic smile and greeting bowing to them and praising how wonderful their little boys were.


NIGHTMARE!

2 comments:

  1. I came across this blog, and I find your adventures really fascinating! Since you don't post anymore, I was just wondering... Are you still living in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Joe Pinzone and I'm casting an international travel show about expats moving abroad. We'd love to film in Japan and wanted to know if you could help us find expats who have moved there within the last 15 months or have been there for 3-4 years, but recently moved into a new home. The show documents their move to a new country and will place the country in fabulous light. The contributors on the show would also receive monetary compensation if they are filmed. If you'd like more information, please give me a call at 212-231-7716 or skype me at joefromnyc. You can also email me at joepinzone@leopardusa.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Joe Pinzone
    Casting Producer
    P: 212-231-7716
    Skype: Joefromnyc

    ReplyDelete