Friday, February 11, 2011

The desperate note for friendship

I tried with no avail, in speaking with my boyfriend or any other phone numbers I could think of from memory. I left a 'trying-to-sound-chipper' voice message which barely would have made a passing grade. I'm sure I didn't mask my frustration much in the message after having to dial and redial the number several times before I got it (ah the confusion of area and dialing codes)! I just needed someone to rant to about all the difficulties I was coming across!

I walked back to my apartment for some lunch and would need to put some thought into this 'note' I was to write to the girls that were arriving next door to me. I started writing the note, 'OK', I thought, just let it flow, as I brought my pen to the paper. Looked back at the note and it was garbage. I crumpled it up. Why was something as simple as a note, so difficult for me to do in my state. There was a lot of pressure riding on it, maybe it would be so uncool that they wouldn't want to hang out with me for the next couple days, which already a couple days alone, had seemed like an eternity. I wrote the note and revised it a few more times and still thought this is shit, but what can you do. So the guy that was here the other day, that dropped me off, had rambled off the girl's apartment number, as fast as an auditor at an auction. I only had a whim to go one..the building next to mine I think not on the top floor but not on the first either. That gave me 2 floors or 4 apartments. Greeaat!  I had magically found myself in one of those crazy Japanese game shows-but this was real life!

What my life was feeling like at the moment..
but what was the prize I was to gain?

 I walked up and decided to pick the second floor (lucky number 2) and first put in on the door I had 'inny-meenie-miny-moed.' I walked downstairs. Then paranoia kicked in. What if they wouldn't see it at all? The note didn't have any tape or adhesive to attach to the door, so I had strategically shoved it into the letter box half sticking out. I was going on a limb and hoping an English passer-by would glance down and be like 'Hey that's in English, I speak English, that note must be for me"! Ok a little far-fetched, so I walked back up the stairs and thought about what to do about my note. Ok I'll just leave it on the floor with a rock or something to weigh it down on the second floor so again the 'Hey that's in English' plan would fall into place. But what if someone that didn't read English (aka everyone else in the apartment) and thought it was trash? Ahh the torment was killing me. How would I solve the no tape, no apartment number, desperate attempt to make friends, note communication puzzle? I had to just try my luck, I thought, and stuck with the rock and random paper on the ground plan. Now to go sit in my house, make some dinner and wait for the friends to bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment