Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Attempt at Redemption for Failed First Impression (Take II)

I awoke to a note from my new flatmate, apologizing for waking me up. Man was I a bitch or what!? I felt really bad, the impress I gave Robin and Brenda was that I was a stressed out maniac, but the impression I gave Merran was that I was a total bitch. This would be a hard one to fix!

She slept in and I cleaned up my room and mulled about how I was going to redeem myself. I heard rustling in the other room, through the paper thin doors. I walked out bravely, paused and looked up..damn she had jumped in the shower. Argh the suspense was killing me. I flipped through my book, not being able to concentrate.  Finally I heard noises that sounded like she was out. Here was my moment for redemption.

"HI!" I said ridiculously cheerfully. "Hey" she replied. I went on my long winded speech about how I was sorry and explained how I was so tired and recovering from a hangover. She said she was sorry for disturbing me and how the man who dropped her off assured her I would be waiting up. Argh he told me the exact opposite, I explained. This guy was either trying to create unnecessary friction for entertainment or was lacking memory cells badly!

Merran was quirky, cute, young, (but obscenely mature), Australian girl from Gold Coast. Merran is one of those girls that is hard not to like, so all was quickly forgotten and forgiven and our friendship started to bloom with ease. She told me about the leisure of her arrival. Her recruiter (same guy that recruited me) told her, that no one would be able to pick her up from the airport, which was how my whole mess had started. But Merran wouldn't take being bullied and bluntly told him that someone simply would have to pick her up and they did! I was envious that I didn't think of saying that, and had fell for 'see-what-we-can-get-away-with-to-save-cost' employer trick! The company was starting to seem like a reincarnation of Ebenezer Scrooge, which made me uneasy.

Ebenezer Scrooge: No help for new foreign teachers
BAH HUMBUG!!


Merran has a wicked blog about her endless hunting for cute things in Japan so check it out:
http://kawaiihunter.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment